To be eligible for Zip you must:
- Live in New Zealand
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and NZ mobile number
- Have a NZ bank issued credit or debit card
- Have a valid NZ Driver Licence or other ID with acceptable proof of address
How to apply
We'll need the following details from you when you sign up for a Zip account:
- Your Full Name
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Address
- NZ Driver Licence number*
- NZ Credit or Debit Card
Zip performs a credit check on all new users upon registration and you will be asked to provide valid ID. Once your credit score & ID has been confirmed and your account has been verified, Zip assigns your spend limit.
Our system does this instantaneously* and if it’s all approved, you agree the payment schedule and we'll deduct your first payment.
*If you don’t have a NZ Driver Licence, our team will need to manually verify your ID (Passport) and proof of address. Select I don't have a NZ Driver Licence at the ID stage and we'll verify your account within 48 hours.
When completing the sign up process, please ensure:
- All details are correct (your full and legal name, your date of birth, your registered address)
- Your name will need to match exactly what is on your ID
- You have not previously had a Zip account (if so, please contact us)
If you have any trouble with signing up or with the ID section, please submit a request with a copy of the required documentation and we can verify your Zip account.