TOPICS COVERED IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What is it?
- Enabling Biometric login
- Managing authorised devices
- Enabling Biometric login from another device
What is it?
Say goodbye to passwords! We have enabled biometric authentication for online checkout for all Zip merchants.
Biometric login allows you to use your device biometric methods (fingerprint or other ways) to confirm your identity. It's a secure way to login compared to passwords for many reasons.
Enrolment is just a few clicks, and once setup, you won't have to enter an email and password to login. Follow the steps below to enrol/unenroll.
Enabling Biometric login at checkout
- For any online transactions, choose Zip at checkout as usual.
- Enter your login credentials (email & password) to login
- You will then be prompted to enable Biometric login for all future online transactions
- Click Enable or if you're not quite ready, click Maybe Later
- The banner will stop appearing after 3 dismisses so be sure to enable for a faster checkout!
- Depending on your device, you will be prompted to create a passkey or use your device's authentication method (E.g. Screen lock). Click continue
- You will then be asked to login via your device's authentication method.
- Enabling access via screen lock option on your mobile device. Click on Use Screen lock option to login via screen lock for future logins.
- Congrats - you’re all set! Next time you transact, you’ll be prompted to use your selected option on the device you’re setup with!
Managing authorised devices
- Login to the customer portal with your email and password
- Navigate to your profile page
- Scroll down to view your authorisations. If you have enabled biometrics on one or more devices, you will have the option to remove the device/s.
- If you would like to remove a device, click on the Remove device button. You’ll then be promoted to confirm the removal of all devices.
- Clicking on Yes will remove all devices. The next time you checkout online, you will be prompted to enable biometric login again. You can skip this by clicking on the maybe later option.
Enabling Biometric login from another device
Once you have set up your biometric login from a device (e.g. your mobile phone), when you’re checking out online from another device (e.g. your laptop), you’ll be prompted to use your passkey. Follow these steps below to login via your mobile device.
- Use your phone or tablet by selecting on the option
- Turn on your Bluetooth if you haven’t already
- Scan the QR code from your device (phone or tablet)
Use your screenlock on your device to verify your identity
All done! You will be logged in securely!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I enable Biometric Login and how will it help me?
By using biometric login, instead of having to remember your Zip username and password every time to checkout online, you can use your biometric credentials to confirm your identity in a safe and secure way to checkout.
Biometrics and passwords are both designed to authenticate your identity and provide access to your Zip account or device. However, Biometrics are usually a safer and faster way to authenticate your identity so we’ve worked on making this available for you.
Gone are the days of forgetting your password and getting stuck!
Is Biometric login secure?
Passwords and biometrics are both great methods to verify your identity. Passwords can be changed if they are hacked while biometrics can’t be changed easily.
Biometrics are difficult to hack as your fingerprint or face ID for example is unique and cannot be replicated. As biometrics are hard to fool, they are usually more secure than even a strong password.
They can add a layer of security between you and someone who is trying to break into your device or app.
If for some reason you are not able to use biometric login, you'll be allowed to still login with a password. For that reason, easily guessed passwords are still a big security risk.
We recommend that you still keep your passwords strong as weak passwords can be easily hacked into.
Can I login using biometrics if I’ve set it up on another device?
Yes, you can! Please follow these steps in this section.
What are passkeys?
Passkeys aim to make all of your accounts more secure by using passwordless login in place of traditional passwords since each passkey is a unique digital key that can’t be reused. They’re also stored in an encrypted format on your devices instead of on a company’s servers which keeps them safe in the event of a data breach.
How many devices can I register for my account?
You can have as many devices as you want. You can remove the devices from the customer portal at any time.
What happens if I have enabled biometrics and change my password for my account?
As a security measure, we will remove all devices that were setup for biometric login. You will have to enable biometric login for each device.
What’s the difference between Account Authorisation and Authorisation?
For Noel Leeming, The Warehouse and The Market, you can use the Remember me option at checkout to pair your Zip account to avoid entering in any authentication details when checking out at these merchants.
This is different to the biometric login option available at other merchants. This is referred to as Account Authorisation in the customer portal
When will Biometric login be available for the customer portal?
We are working on making biometric login available for the customer portal and other areas. It is only available at online checkout for now.