If you've changed phones recently or haven't logged in to the Zip app in a while, we'll need to check that it's you, by sending a verification code to your mobile number before you can log in again. This is for your security, to prevent unauthorised access to your Zip account.
If your mobile number is different to the one we have on file, you can update your number via the app. You'll need your NZ driver licence handy to complete this process. If you don't have a NZ driver licence, get in touch with our team here and we'll give you a call to verify you instead.
To update your number so we can get you back up and running:
- On the verification code screen, tap Wrong mobile number?
- Enter your new mobile number, and tap Continue
- You'll receive a verification code to your new mobile number. Enter this to proceed:
- If you have a NZ driver licence, tap Continue and follow the prompts to verify your ID. You'll need to take a photo of your original licence document (it can't be a scan or photographed copy) and confirm your name, DOB and licence and address details. Once this process has been completed successfully, your mobile number will be updated in our system, and you can log into the Zip app again 🎉
- If you don't have a driver licence, tap I don't have a licence to get in touch with our team so we can update your number for you